hilly

o spot fry dying

Gidday everyone

I managed to get my o spots to breed He kicked the fry out and I have had them in my bn grow out tank for a week but have been losing maybe 3 or 4 every day there was originally about 80 down to 60 is this mortality rate normal for o spots I didnt have this high mortality rate with my albinos or commons I am feeding them on nls wafers and cucumber any advice appreciated

cheers Hilly

How small are they and how big is the tank? Maybe they are having trouble finding food? Maybe try putting them into a smaller floater were they don't have to go far for food.

I take it the water conditions are fine. Do they show any signs that anything it wrong? Bloated or skinny?

Hey whower

they are in a floater that is in the 4 foot grow out tank that has heaps of albino and common fry in it already( havent lost any of them it is an established tank and the water is fine, not bloated but they are a bit skinny I am wondering if he kicked them out early they are still yellow inside but their bodies are fully formed

cheers Hilly

ive found orange spot to be just as fragile as pepps

the fry are delicate up till 3-4cm and the only way ive increased my survival rate was to leave witht he parents and to let them build up their numbers naturally

its a pain but ive found with other cats, for some reason every know and then they will just have a weak batch and no matter how you go they just slowly disappear

you seem to be doing it all right

sorry im no help

peter