Firstly I am not going to be doing this work myself, more interested if it is possible. I am wanting to cut down on the number of power boards and double adaptors that I am using to power my tanks. Can electricians take the plugs of several appliances, for example 4 fluro light fittings, and wire them to have one plug instead of 4??

cheers

Just thinking again on this one, I would say there would be some sort of junction box you could buy and have all the leads wired into that. But to be honest I don't see the point of it. Might as well work out a way to hide the power board with the plugs.

Sham

Actually if you can hide all the ugly plugs and safety is the issue why buy one of those safely cut out boxe thingys (dunno the name, tradies use em with power tools) and plug the whole lot into that.

I'm kinda concerned about safety also with a bunch of power cords and plug boards connected to my tanks.

Think I ll drop into bunnings and check those out today actually. Might save a whole lot of pain one day 8O

Sham

Guys, under the Qld law, all new houses and anyone buying a house has to install earth leakage device in your meterbox.

I had 2 installed, one for the whole house and the secound just on my fish, as we know small spashes can happen, and this saves taking out the whole house every time. they are fairly cheap, from $120 installed by a local sparkie.

and can save your life if something goes wrong in a tank or air pump fills with water, they turn off in under 1/30th of a second

Mark

What I did with my lights, When I had an electrician wire up my lights I got him to use an extenion lead, that way every light has a plug and socket coming out of it.

Now I just put the first plug into the timer, and then just plug 2nd light into the first socket and just keep going around the room.

The big advantage of this is lights can be added and removed very easily.

I also did this when I had my stands wired up.

Matt

I have been electrified by a faulty pump and it isnt fun.

House does have a safety switch fitted is nice and cheap especially if you are already getting the electricion out for something else as well.

well worth the money if your house doesnt have one !