alexc2005

BN Has weird red thing in its ass.... looks like its alive?

Hey Guys,

So ive noticed that one of my albino's has a weird red thing up its bum, which seems to have arms that are like moving around....

Not really sure what to make of it? Tried googling but not sure what to look for really...

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Alex

yes it can spread real easy

if you have a hospital tank id put the infected fish in thair ,,

now youle enjoy the next bit you can stair at all of your fishes bumbs for houre,s to see if anny one els is showing ,

and start vacking all your tanks thorughly without stiring up the bottom and and ases howmanny are in the substrait and what tanks they are in

laaame :(

hopefully none of my peps are infected, i will isolate that tank immediately!!

thanks heaps guys, been reading that thread and looks like BigL would be good.. just gotta see if i can get that in chinchilla- i dont like my chances..

thanks guys.

i think i might go for panacus if i can get it because supposedly it kills the worms rather than just stunning them.

If i used bigL and it stunned them and i missed a couple when vacumming then i will have achieved nothing!

hey alx2005,

I'm no guru, but i think you'll find these worm treatments are fairly generic, ie, their used for pigs and dogs and stuff.

Surely you can get them at a rural produce shop, even in Chinchilla.

Sorry, not experienced enough to help you with dosages etc.

Brendan

Forget using Panacur25.

Use the Big L Pig and Poultry Wormer at 1ml per 7 Litres of water.

You will need to dose the entire system.

Once you can see them it means its a advanced infection so it has probably spread by now to other fish or tanks.

Big L will start to remove them within about 2 hours of dosing and then vac them out.

Removing any substrate makes it easier to see the worms.

Treat at least 3 times over the next month so you get any eggs that hatch after the first treatment.

Forget using Panacur25.

Use the Big L Pig and Poultry Wormer at 1ml per 7 Litres of water.

You will need to dose the entire system.

Once you can see them it means its a advanced infection so it has probably spread by now to other fish or tanks.

Big L will start to remove them within about 2 hours of dosing and then vac them out.

Removing any substrate makes it easier to see the worms.

Treat at least 3 times over the next month so you get any eggs that hatch after the first treatment.

Ah ok. i thought that BigL only stunned them wheras panacur killed them? I'm not really confident that ill be able to vac them all off the bottom of an IBC.... my eyesights not that good and im not from longreach...

Lucky all my other tanks are bare bottomed so it will be easier to vac for them.

Edited by alexc2005

gawd dam, cant get big L in town. hopefully someone in dalby or tbar has it as i might go there tommorow...

can i ask why panacur is so bad if its the one that actually kills?