WhoWeR

My funny BN

Just thought I would share. If you remember my post about bristleless male BN. Well it's a girl. She has laid again but this time left her little male to guard the eggs. Well shes a good big 10cm easy. He's under 5cm, only has two tiny little bristles on his nose, not even 2mm long. Toy boy or what?

Well last time we left them with the wigglers we found but none survived :cry: . Well I just found this batch by accident and the little man was with them. When I moved the log the very protective female flew at the log and kicked him out. I decided this time to take the eggs and tumble them instead of leaving them. Well do you think she was going to let me any were near the eggs. NO!!!!!! She stuffed her self in the log and wrapped he whole body around the eggs. Even my large male was never this bad. Even after I dislodged the eggs she tucked them up under herself and held onto them. It was a brave fight but unfortunately, I'm BIGGER :lol:

The funny part was after I got the eggs out and put her and the empty log back. The little Man came over and it looks like she was beating the crap out of him and completely telling him off. Talk about domestic. She wouldn't him in the log. She knocked him fly with her tail. I could almost imagine what she was saying to him. :twisted: The poor fella, it wasn't his fault. :lol:

Well I thought it was funny. I plan to organise the tanks so she can have a big boy to play with instead. We will see who's the boss then. :wink: Probably her :twisted: us women always rule! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jenny

Normally a male pick out a cave and guards it like crazy. If the female likes the cave and the male she will enter the cave lay the eggs and leave. They have nothing to do with anything from there. The male then goes in fertilizes the eggs and sits over them fanning. They hatch and eat their egg sack before the male lets them out of the cave in the wide world.

This female like to play both roles, it's actually funny. I was really confused and still would have been if I hadn't seen the little boy in the log first. I took the eggs out about 2 hr ago and they still aren't happy campers. He's still trying to get into the cave.

Whats worse is when you have an ugly girl, I had 3 boys, and 2 girls, for some reason one girl would happily breed with the boys, and often had batches in different logs.

But this one girl would lay her eggs outside all the time, im guessing all the boys kicked her out of there house for being a scrubber lol.