rosequoll

Neolamprologus ornatopinnis fry!

Couldn't get any pics (badly placed shell and VERY protective parents), but definitely spotted fry in my females shell. I've had these guys THREE weeks.

I wasn't sure at first when I got them that I had a pair and picked up two more from shon a few week back. Now of course the pair I do have are losing their shit completely at the other three in the tank.

few questions,

1. the fry are just very small and wiggly (eyes with tails)..at what point should I look at using baby brine to feed them, or should I just grind up the same food their parents are eating?

2. The tank is 2x18; should I look at removing the other three? I'm thinking (based on sizes) that there is one other pair and a spare small male. I have tanks that I can shift around and move the other three into, spare filters and all that. I'm hoping if i *do* move them I may end up with a 2nd pair and a 'spare'.

2.a. - the spare two that look like a pair REFUSE to use shells. No interest at all, would this be because they are not the largest/dominant pair in the tank? Not enough separate 'areas' in the tank?

3. No question, just a yay! fry! =) (At least SOME of my fish are breeding....)

Woah that was quick!

Always the case with Marks fish, whatever you get from there breeds

If you remember I bought the X. ochrogenys, I've got a female holding today!