Sign in to follow this  
japes

Gutter Guard and Paint

Bet you're sick of me by now, right? ;)

Two questions regarding DIY stuff. Gutter Guard as an alternative to Egg Crate, the only Gutter Guard I've come across is either metal, or incredibly flimsy, I've heard that there's some more expensive rigid plastic available, but I haven't been able to find it at my local Bunnings, any ideas?

Paint for tank interior, I'm looking to paint my Overflow and Spraybar's black. There's a product available from I believe the US, called Krylon Fusion, which is a spraycan safe for tank interiors and works on pretty much any surface. Any alternatives available locally or am I going to need to order some of this stuff?

Cheers guys,

Ryan.

G'day,

I was looking into this too and was told to use Ormanoid. Its a bitumen based paint and apparently its available from bunnings. If I were you I'd probably look into it a bit more and make sure its tank safe though as I never got round to it cos I decided to buy the black poly fittings instead of white PVC.

Hope thats of some help.

Damo

G'day,

I was looking into this too and was told to use Ormanoid. Its a bitumen based paint and apparently its available from bunnings. If I were you I'd probably look into it a bit more and make sure its tank safe though as I never got round to it cos I decided to buy the black poly fittings instead of white PVC.

Hope thats of some help.

Damo

Had a quick looky around then but can't find anyone having used or tested it in an aquarium so I'll stay away from it. Spotlight stock Krylon clear varnish and other clear matte finish products, but no colours (for any spray cans) so I'm wondering if theres some sort of painting superstore in Brisbane or somewhere reasonably close that stocks Krylon Fusion for Plastics.

If not will have to order from down south, expensive postage because its a pressurized can.

G'day,

Hope thats of some help.

Damo

Had a quick looky around then but can't find anyone having used or tested it in an aquarium so I'll stay away from it. Spotlight stock Krylon clear varnish and other clear matte finish products, but no colours (for any spray cans) so I'm wondering if theres some sort of painting superstore in Brisbane or somewhere reasonably close that stocks Krylon Fusion for Plastics.

If not will have to order from down south, expensive postage because its a pressurized can.

Try this...

http://www.qldaf.com/modules.php?name=F ... pic&t=4080

I purchased pond paint from my local hardware.... Used it for all my standpipes for 3 years with no problems

HTH

Is it a spray can or bucket?

Sign in to follow this