dude_753

NEED A FILTER URGENTLY!!!!

Hey went out to my new 4x2x2 setup tonight and relised the brand new cannister has stopped working, Cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it going again or why it stopped. Is there anyone on the southside with a spare internal power filter that will lend to me till tuesday when i can get to AOA (or if someone wants to take my place concreting my shed slab so i can get there saturday, meet the truck at 9am lol). Will leave a money deposit so u know i will be back, I just dont wanna lose my cichlids :( . Worst timing aswell public holiday being tomorow and everything. :evil:

If anyone can help i would be forever greatfull and mbunamad and borntobreed will mow your lawns and do anywork around the house for 5years to also say thanks aswell 8O lol

AVAILABLE ANYTIME TOMOROW

Thanks and appreciate your time

Nick

cheers everyone for the offers, Brian has leant me a big 2200lphn resun. I had 3 air disks in there for circulation and oxygen aswell as a crappy 400lph filter. They all seem fine atm but will keep a close eye on em

Cheers again for the offers, Very much appreciatiated.

Now brian gets darren for lawn mowing service

Nick

Ok the new cannister is also stuffed now, been going for around 8 hours.. This is the 9th one i have replaced in the past 5 weeks. I found out the problem with the last one, the filter some how keeps warping the impellor shaft DONT NO HOW!

Oh well, time to invest in a fluval

The Nick

There lies your problem

Just buying cheap crap

If you invest in a decent brand you will not have these problems

You dont have to go upto the Eheims and Fluvals but go for an AquaOne

I sell heaps of them have virtually no problems

Brad

Don't you mean that the white filter came from Guppy?

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:45 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I noticed this;

http://www.guppysaquariumproducts.com.a ... od_28.html

was posted the other day as a recommendation. I don't understand how this filter can have an Aust. compliance power cable fitted that is rated for lower wattage than the filter's motor, let alone the UV lamp. I'm not very good at technical details, but if my past experience is any indication, having any problems rectified by the importer will be frustrating and unsatisfactory. Can anyone clarify this?

There lies your problem

Just buying cheap crap

If you invest in a decent brand you will not have these problems

You dont have to go upto the Eheims and Fluvals but go for an AquaOne

I sell heaps of them have virtually no problems

Brad

I've used Sacem Marathon canisters on two of my tanks for years. Simple design, Italian made, no frills but reliable and honest - the pump rate is actually what it says and not a Chinglish approximation as I've found with cheapos. Had a Marathon 1000 for over 10 years and all I've done is replace the impellor which had a worn stainless steel shaft (but still worked) and put in a new ceramic shaft impellor.

Unfortunately you can't get them in Australia anymore apart from the small Marathon 300 at AOA. :(

I need a new canister myself, to replace a crap cheapo that lasted 2 years, so for me I'll be getting an Eheim Classic I think. :wink:

Don't you mean that the white filter came from Guppy?
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:45 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I noticed this;

http://www.guppysaquariumproducts.com.a ... od_28.html

was posted the other day as a recommendation. I don't understand how this filter can have an Aust. compliance power cable fitted that is rated for lower wattage than the filter's motor, let alone the UV lamp. I'm not very good at technical details, but if my past experience is any indication, having any problems rectified by the importer will be frustrating and unsatisfactory. Can anyone clarify this?

Nah buddy its the one from AOA i dont wanna deal wanna with guppy anymore. And i did see that the aust compliance power cable is rated for 15watts not 55 or wat ever it is.

THe Nick

(lol @ Roman THE)

lol nick i would go for an aqua one filter seriously they are good price and good quality and you get a warranty with them :). Did i mention there prices are good :), just become good friends with your LFS and you will get deals from the shop get yourself a good filter then :)

ok ok, i ended up just getting an otto 1800lph. Brand new for $60!! Still in a sealed box from a mate of mine who brought it 3 weeks ago but killed his fish before he set it up lol MINE NOW. There a pain in the ass to set up but there incredible, Awesome power to it.

Cheers for the help everyone (except roman)

The Nick