Breninoz

White ghost knife

I don't own any yet but Lance was recently at a pet shop and they have white ghost knifes for sale.They were about $40 each as apposed to like $10 or $20 for a bgk.Anyway it was rather difficult to find pictures on the internet but i found some and convenient stole them off monster fish keepers who conveniently stole them off another site.

post-6743-1127022009.jpg

post-6743-1127022029.jpg

post-6743-1127022046.jpg

post-6743-1127022064.jpg

here's mine i picked up from auburn aquarium in sydney. My mate works there and he told me Bayfish distributes them so if you want one order it from your lfs.

they are ghost knife but line bred to get loose the black colouration. I have 2 of them and one of them have some small black marks (looks like as if someones has de-scale them) but the other one is pretty clean.

heres some pics,

IMG_2179.jpg

IMG_2201.jpg

IMG_2202.jpg

what i found with my experience, only the boys get really territorial and aggressive towards its own kind.

I found females swim more gently and it does get territorial but most it would do is to push the other ghost away or threaten them to bite its tail. I keep 3 females from 7cm-15cm and for last 4 months I have not seen a single bite taken off the tail. Previously I had a boy with them and he would spend most of the time chasing tails and biting them.

Just noticed this thread And want to add something interesting. I am wondering of it is a light sensitive pigment that makes he blackness in the knife. I used to have a black one and of I got up in the middle of the night and turned the lights on it would be like these white ones. However during normal light periods he would be perfectly black.

Funny, found this article, written about 4 years after Bryce's article.

http://www.fishforums.com/forum/breeding-freshwater-fish/19029-how-breeding-black-ghost-knife-fish.html

I did offer some info to Bryce, I had a mate breeding these back around 1999. G&S, I think Pete, was breeding these too.

yet I like this part

This info is the result of my own research which included a lot of info passed on by private breeders. The thing that seemed most evident was a lot of the info was similar with individual differences and preferences throughout.
:lol:

Frenchy :sheep:

They are the ghosts get loose blade and the line of black color reproduction. I have 2, one of them there are some small black marks (looks like a man in the discharge of their size), but the other is very clean.

That doesn't make the slightest bit of sense!!!

May I ask why you are advertising a website in your signature as a seller of pond pumps etc and yet the website says, "Attention! This is a demo store. Any orders placed through this store will not be honored or fulfilled." .... very deceptive and achieves nothing for you or buyers, as well as the fact we over here in Brisbane AUSTRALIA support our forum sponsors not Johnny-Come-Latelys who would sneakily try to steal their business

i have 2 of these i prefer the bgk anyday they are not white like the ring round a bgk tale but more of a brownie gold colour they are more commonly sold as a brown or gold ghost knife i would love to see a white white one with a black ring would be amazing

BettaBettaB!

Dont pick on the poor bot. Its not its fault that its programmer was not very thorough.

Thing is probably wandering the net like a lost puppy scared out of its tiny little mind.

Hahaha D, said "bot" has been here before dribbling the same nonsense & BS - last time it claimed to be in London.