largeheaded1

Water changes in apartments

Hey guys will soon be moving to top floor aprtment and wanted to kno what yas use to do water changes....maybe some tips??

I wont be able to run the hose outside like I used to so will need to hook it up to kitchen sink...any thoughts?

Discuss :D

Thanks!

Also, its a nice place @ Ascot, should have QLDAF party haha

One of the keys to a good syphon is the difference in height between the top of tnk and the hose outlet.

You should be able to get great suction going on your syphon. :twisted:

Seriously a mate used a hose out to plants on his patio - his downstairs neighbours didn't like him but - lots of water running of his patio.

Could pump water to a sink?

Hope this helps slightly.

Bugger buckets,

just get a hose, unscrew the drain plate in your bathroom, stick the hose down there and syphon it that way

And to fill it get a tap shower from bunnings, they have the suction connection to join onto the end of the tap, cut that and put on a hose connection, to a joiner and then to a long hose into your tank. Just keep the preasure low when filling to avoid a blowout.

HTH

Mate,

how big is your balcony? If you have a large balcony, get a few 200 ltr blue water drums, siting out there and add some duck weed and some water plants. When you do a water change, connect a hose into your powerhead filter and pump the water into an empty drum (with the plants in it). next week, do it again into a second drum. pump the water in the first drum back into your tank and it's done. Let the plants do your water changes. Once you get too many plants, sell them to you LFS and get some fish food.

That's my 2 cents worth.

dan

Old Mrs Jones from next door might like to water her African violets with water from the nice young lad who just moved in next door who has all those fish with the funny names that sound like the surname of that nice greenskeeper at the bowls club pity that his car is loud as I can't hear what Oprah is telling me to do with the money that I saved from shopping at Aldi....blah blah..........................

Bringing up an old post but spoke to the GREAT guys at ATLAS AQAURIUM ( :wink: ) and they suggested connecting the hose to a powerhead in ya tank and pumping it that way into your sink then connecting it to the sink to fill it back up...pretty simple but good idea, thought id share :)

Bugger buckets,

just get a hose, unscrew the drain plate in your bathroom, stick the hose down there and syphon it that way

And to fill it get a tap shower from bunnings, they have the suction connection to join onto the end of the tap, cut that and put on a hose connection, to a joiner and then to a long hose into your tank. Just keep the preasure low when filling to avoid a blowout.

HTH

Yea great minds :?

Bugger buckets,

HTH

Whats a blowout??