Hey peeps,

Found my Fluval 305 a bit noisy this morning, some investigation has revealed both the intake and outlet "crinkle cut" hoses have minor splits where they wrap around the u bend.

I got some normal clear hose, but it wont retain its round shape on the bend. If i cant come up with something, ill jus buy the replacment fluval hose, but sure seems fairly crappy.

Wondering if anyone else has come across this, and if there is a better way.

Many thanks

Brendan

I have used the drainage pipe that is used for washing machines for a similar application. At $7 a pipe it might be worth a try, if it doesn't work you will have a pipe that drains the water out of the tank very quickly :P

in industrial and car aplications youde put spring,s inside the hose but not with fish .

you could try putting a bent pipe inside the hose ?

it should be fine on the out put because of presure /but the intake = vacume witch will suck the hose in

no im not familier with this pump just throwing some free advice in .

john

Allrighty, thanks guys, turned into a bit of a mission, but i got there.

Got rid of the Fluval hoses alltogether, scoured every lfs in town, (all 3 of them) and came up with 1 pair, thats one only in this town, clear plastic aqua one u bends.

I bought some suction caps and fitted u bends to tank, cut pipe to size etc and joined the canister and the u bends with some clear plastic hose, which by some miracle fitted my fluval canister and the aqua one pipes.

Every thing up and running now, gave the filter a major service while it was down, including a new impellor. Actually the last thing i wanted to do as its temporaraly in a new tank an is a tad undersize for the job, an i wanted the new tank to settle b4 i did anything drastic.

All good, thanks for your help.

Brendan