Hi I am into africans and catfish I have 5 species of Africans and some bristlenose catfish ,and 3 loathes ,I have only been into fish for about 8 months and have just had my first mouthful ,and find fish very interesting and enjoy finding out how to look after them I am from Bouldercombe just outside of Rockhampton :):):D:D

Hi Sherlock, Welcome to the forum - It's good to see you have some Loaches. What type are they ?? I hope you dont house them with the Africans as they need totally different water parameters - the main difference is Loaches need a much lower PH (below 7.0) and a low to medium hardness (Gh below 100) They are a peacefull fish that do not like the aggresion of Africans. Cheers Graeme.

Hi Thanks for the welcome ,the loaches I have are clown loaches I have 3 large ones,,, 1. I've had for about 4 yrs from very small and the other 2 are just a bit smaller than him and I've had them for about 2 yrs ,they live with some angels and other tropicals in a 5ft tank .

Hi Titlebound, Great to see someone else appreciates Loaches too. What Loaches have you got ???

Hi Sherlock, Sounds like your Clowns are happy in the 5 footer and if you have had them for 4 years you certainly know your stuff. How big are the older ones??? I have my eye on 7 15cm Clowns that I am setting up a 8x2.5x2 tank for with 3x1.5x1.5 sump and Eheim 2080 for filtration with pool-filter sand substrate and lots of Anubias and Crypt's on wood. I will have either Rainbows or Rasboras for "Dithers" and 3 or 4 Otto's.

I have 5 Botia Kubotai, 4 Botia Almorhae and 4 Botia Rostrata in a 3 footer at the moment with a Eheim 2026. I have had them for 18months and they have grown so much that I plan to set up a 5x2x2 for them and put Khulis and Panda Corys in the 3 footer. I certainly have my work cut out for me but it will be great when it is finished but my wallet will be much lighter - I'm so Lucky to have an "Understanding Wife" who likes fish also. Cheers Graeme.