hey my peoples

I brought some starazin from Ben (AOA) today and he was telling me that the supplier took the ingrediants of the label to get it into australia as there is an ingrediant in there that can kill people if drunken. Anyone know wat the ingrediants are as im interested now. lol btw do not drink sterazin people!

Cheers The Nick

I'd be interested to know why the purpose/use was removed from the label.....some even had it blacked out with felt pen....all seem a bit weird???

I can understand not stating the active ingredients.....but not what the product is to be used for.

Sterazin is used to worming fish and removing Gill flukes

The best thing about it is isnt doesnt discolour the water much and is safe with scalefish and catfish

I havent heard anything from the reps regarding the ingredient list or anything like that but I will try and find out

Octozin was removed from Australia as it used Metronidazole as its active ingredient and this has been classified as a S4 drug which requires a script to buy it

Or Flagyll which is the same stuff but its called this when used on Humans

I wouldnt reccomend drinking it at all now would I with any medication not prescribed to you

Maybe removing the uses was worldwide and probably because of California

They are very anal with what is stated on the bottle of any product

Brad

I was once told that the use described on the bottle brought sterazin into a category covered by an agricultural chemicals act. To register the product as required under the act would have cost more than the Aust. aquarium market of the product was worth.

Quasimodo and Motoman are right. If a product makes a claim in Australia it must be registered. I believe the cost to be $10 000 to $30 000 per product depending upon its intended use. On Sterizin and other similar branded products like protozin the claim has been removed creating a loop hole in the system that allows the products to be sold in Australia. They are extremely good products but the importer simply cannot justify the expense compared to the small volumes sold in Australia.

I use Sterizin on Angels. Quite often Angels can start dying for no visible reason. Sterizin has been the most successful cure I have used for that purpose. And as with Protozin they don't discolour your tank for more than about half an hour and they don't kill your bio filter.

Thanks to my lfs for the registration info.

Triston