pumpkin-666

13000 ltr pool need stocking ideas

hi, im new to this forum. ive got a 13000ltr pool i was wanting to stock with fish, so far ive got 3 barramundi, 1 salmon tail catfish and a murry cod,

i was thinking southern saratoga and eel tail cat fish. any ideas?

thanks....

I have archers and turtles in mine, going to put a saratoga, and possibly some snakehead gudgeons, but I think you might be a bit limited with a murray cod, unless you put big fish in there. I had a murray cod eat a salmon tail cat so I wouldnt be putting 1 of those in there.

hope your not making a seqal to free willy lmao....damn 13000 litres! thats gunna be one hella water change exercise lol.

had seriously contemplated converting our pool across after nearly 6 weeks of trying to keep the damn thing blue, but finally...its happened today...crystal clear and ocean blue...'sides, dont think the landlord would appreciate a living pool!

How is the pool scaped? I can not find photos on the interweb anymore, but there is a pool out there that has a few rock islands in it, and few large planters full of aquatic plants and lillies. Pool is stocked with large SA cichlids, togas and catfish.

Don't forget to consider that any large species (like Mangrove Jack, Barra and especially Murray Cod) will probably grow to it's potential maximum in a big pool, so you may find other fish get eaten readily. This would be especially so in the case of the Cod. It will likely eat anything at all that will fit.

Good luck, though. I envy you having a pool to house fish... AWESOME :)