what do i feed my jaguar cichlid(1.5inch) and my green texas(1inch) there both fairly small fish and there in my 4ft tank with my blue claw crayfish hes about 4-5inches he just hangs around on the bottom of the tank.

Q1) what too feed my fish weather its fine pieces of beef heart(which i fed my devil which grew quite quick) or do i get feeders off a friend who breeds convicts and guppies or buy frozen bloodworms or just crush up pellets so the pellets fit in there mouth?

Q2) my little gt keeps going near the intake pipe of my cannister filter so i had to stick a stocking over it but that now limits the ammout waste that can be picked up in the process :mad:

Q3) my blue claw has killed several smaller blue claw crayfish since i have had him what are the chances he will kill my jag and gt?

i doubt the cray will kill those fish . they should be to quick for him. and when they get bigger they will likely kill ur crayfish when he is changing shell because he is venerable then

i wouldn't feed them feeders specially if you want the cray to survive.

eventually he will become lunch for the jag i reckon(i have a pair of dovii and my female who is 20cm and will happily smash a 3-4inch yabbie)

feeders arent really that good in the long run for your fish, neither really is beef heart.

a mixed diet will be far better than feeders and beef / ox heart

and the reason your devil grew so quickly is all the steriods and crap which is pumped into our meat these days,

HTH

Cav

i dont really want the cray thats why i put him in with my old devil then flowerhorn when the devil died flowerhorn didnt do it either so yeh if i do feeders there more likely to be agressive and smash the cray? because i want it to be a big bad fish

in----out

.v----v

[_____]

so next to the intake pipe i have a mini filter and my output pipe is meant to blow in heaps of bubbles to keep the tank airated well it isnt seeming to work the output pipe is blowing out barely any water to airate the tank how can i fix this problem?!

Just feed them normal pellets or fish food, beef heart is a bit over the top and if you feed them live feeders this becomes an expensive hobby very quickly.

Even in their natural habitat few Jags or GTs would drag in a cow , rip out its heart and go to town on it !!!!!!

Dave