timothy2

need HELP rasing comp and calvus fry PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a few trios and pairs of various atlolamprologus but when they breed i can never manage to raise the fry.

i need to know-

how much of what to feed them?

how often to clean out the tank and how much?

how to extract the fry from the main tank?

substrate?

filtarion?

tank size?

please help, if i dont raise a batch of fry soon then i will run out of money and have to stop keeping fish!

even if you can answer 1 of these question, every bit helps

thank you in advance!

these guys are really sensitive to water parameter changes, keep a real close eye on your ammonia and nitrate / nitrite, got a test kit?

oh, and you better have some patience, they have a very slow growth rate

yeh i would have a setup thats all sumped 2gether so that the water is exactly the same, 2ft tank when they first come out once the have grown enough 2 fend for themselves as bigger tank as you got for grow out, tub if you got it i guess, small waterchanges every couple days and consistent feeding, gotta keep it pristine mainly

i have a few trios and pairs of various atlolamprologus but when they breed i can never manage to raise the fry.

i need to know-

how much of what to feed them? Baby brine shrimp as much as they will eat

how often to clean out the tank and how much? Every 2 days at least 10% but make sure parameters do not change

how to extract the fry from the main tank? Remove the whole shell in which the female will probably come too just keep them all separate from Dad, he will snack on them

substrate? If you do or don't no difference

filtarion? Hopefully you already have plenty if they are breeding

tank size? 2 foot and bigger

please help, if i dont raise a batch of fry soon then i will run out of money and have to stop keeping fish!

even if you can answer 1 of these question, every bit helps

thank you in advance!

Hope this helps

Dave

thanks for the help.

should i siphon the water out with air tubing so they dont get sucked up.

my last batch was in a 2ft tank with 2 sponge filters and 90% of the water was from there original breeding tank.

this batch didnt make it because i went overseas and the people who were watching them couldnt do a water change, there are still a couple in the shell and in the tanki but there are many dead ones. should i just remove the dead ones and do my 15% water changes every 2 days and hope for the best or should i remove them and put them in a breeder box in the main tank?

do i have to feed them 100% live brine shrimp?

how can i contition the females better? atm i feed them, vege flake, frozen brines, frozen blood worms and new life spectruim

so i just try to keep water chemistry the same

i was breeding altos for a while. I kept the mother in with the fry for a while all in the breeding tank seperated by undergravel filter plates. Fed them 4 times a day with baby brine shrimp and cyclop-eeze. Small water changes daily with aged water.

I fed the female altos live fish to get them in top condition.