My common BN is pregnant should i seperate eggs once she drops them? and do i take them off her when she is fanning ?? and do they need to be tumbled ?

New to bn breeding so yer any info would be good

and what do i feed them? and tempt ?

cheers

Males generally look after the eggs not the female. As they are egg layers she technically cant be "pregnant". She may be gravid awaiting for a male to peek her interest....

well she is fat haha and is getting fatter :P um ok well do i take them off the males at any particular time, forgot to mention they are in a tank with cichlids (pindani's, tangerine and a flameback and also a silver shark) there are 2 males and 1 female in the tank its 210 litres.

Personally I would take the Male and Female out put them in a seperate tank with driftwood. Males seem to prefer hollowed out driftwood for egg laying. Then just leave them. They hatch after about 2 weeks and feed off their egg sacks for a few days before starting to forage for algae.

dam i only have 2 spare tanks and both are taken up atm with fish i need to get rid of :( and yer i have driftwood in all of my tanks i hate fake things hence i dont use them in my tanks instead i just find a nice piece of driftwood that does the same job :)

Personally I would take the Male and Female out put them in a seperate tank with driftwood. Males seem to prefer hollowed out driftwood for egg laying. Then just leave them. They hatch after about 2 weeks and feed off their egg sacks for a few days before starting to forage for algae.

second this, thats about the best you can do for them. i would imagine the cichlids would enjoy the fry for breakfast anyway.

hi there i have breeding bn in my cichlid tank. Its quite good cause I have a shell my bn have taken a liking to - I think the log i got hims too big. Then I just time it & when they are wrigglers take out the whole shell (bn & wrigglers in it) and put it into a stick-on fry saver box in my tank to keep em safe. The wrigglers come out in a few days for zuchinni etc. I then make sure no wrigglers left inside & put shell/male bn back in tank to go again. hope it helps.. ps its good to have 2 females & 1 male so maybe try swap one over.

Yer i no i thought i did have 2 females but 1 turned out to be a male :P so im gunna get about another 3 common females but need to be decent size to match the ones i've already got. And yer mate that helps ive actually got a couple shells so might chuck them in and hope they do the same for me haha

cheers

Ok so they were in the seperate tank and just this morning i noticed some free swimming babies :) what do i do with the parents, leave them or take them out?

cheers

haha ok cool, how long do i leave them all in there? as i kinda want them back in main tank as its getting a bit dirty :P and then once hte babies are big enough ill release them all into the main tank :) and sell them