ronny

Extremely fast to setlle in.

I just picked up a colony on maingano today and after adjusting them to their new ph i then went out for about 4 hours. When i came home i noticed 2 girls holding, when they were placed in the tank all girls were checked for mouthfulls, and another girl was being satisfied as i looked at them 8O

Has anybody had fish do that before as i find it really weird but awesome at the same time

Wow ronny, you did well.

I had to wait two years for my kadango's to breed.

They must be super healthy and your tank must make them feel at ease, would love to see pics of ya fish and setup too.

Dave

Sorry its taken so long to reply. Within 24 hours there was a total of 4 holding and they seem to have stopped at that. I think what may have caused the rapid breeding was the change in ph, the owner told me their water was 7.5, and a much larger tank. So after a half an hour, i was in a hurry sorry, acclimatising the fish i dunked them in my 6x2, they all came from a 3x18 :( , as a temp home until my room is finished. Later that night i noticed that there was still some water in the bucket and i was bored so i thought ide test the water and it was only 6.5 :o . So the fish went from ph 6.5 to 7.6 in 30 minutes, and from a 3x18 to a 6x2 at the same time.

bought a colony of electric blues about less then a week ago.

they wernt breeding at there old location.

put them in my tank.

after about 4hrs one was holding.

next day got back from school and the first one that held dropped for some reason but another one was holding. not long after she dropped too :cry: