Ok so one of my pindani's from my breeding colony is just chillin vertically at the back left right at the top of the tank. and occasionally puts its nose out of hte tank and then i have seen him swim up out of hte water twice now so its head is all the way out.

All the other fish in the tank seem sweet as.

cheers

Could be a subdominant fish getting bullied and desperately trying to get away. In the wild, bullied fish just swim away and find somewhere else to live, but they can't do this in a tank, so they go and sit in one of the top corners of the tank. If it has damaged fins, this may be the case, and you may have to consider removing it from the colony and finding it a new home, as the others will continue to pick at it until they kill it.

At least while it is sitting in the top corner of the tank you won't need to get your hands wet catching it :)

Cheers, Doug

There has been no problems so far and these guys have been together for about 18 months only about 8 with me. But there is nothing wrong with the fish's appearance and i just got home and he is not there anymore so i will keep an eye out again but i am doing a rescape this weekend if i get time :)

cheers guys will keep you updated if any more problems occur

I have the victim out of the tank now and i will be monitoring the tank and see if the bashee picks another victim or if peace is restored. If not i will take the bashee out and re introduce the victim but i will keep an eye on the tank as i want peace as this is my breeding colony

OK so i am FREAKING out the one that is being bullied and is sitting in the top of the tank is the male of my breeding colony i have 6 females and 1 male WHAT THE HELL DO I DO??????

I took him out but he was freaking out in the tank i put him in so i've put him back now am seriously confused.

HELP PLEASE

I took some of my random fish out of the tank and they are all getting along better, but i am going to increase the size of my colony next week :)

cheers