Craigo

JD splits fry care?

Evening all. First off thanks for everyones help with my last thread in reguards to their eggs. Turns out some hatched but I have lost all of them bar 6 now in a fry saver.

This time I'm more prepared & have been watching the pair closly. Her tube is comming down & looks like she is ready to lay soon again.

My question this time is, if the fry survive will she pick off the 'blue' ones? Will she see them as being deformed & eat them to increase the chances of the others?

Also, what is best to feed the fry? Any other pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Craigo.

Most people will say Hatched baby brine shrimp is the best. Plus i have heard of people crushing pellets and mixing it with egg yolk in to like a pastey mix. With the mother eating the EB's, im not sure.

Thanks guys. I'm really interested in wether she will eat them. She layed again this morning, all the eggs are looking great so far & I finally got all the convicts out of the tank (you think you have got the last one & they just keep appears!!)

hey craigo jus curious wat fish are u breeding atm?

Hi Tim, I only have JD splits breeding right now as I'm going to try & line breed these to get a really strong & quality electric blue strain going, it's going to be a long haul I think...

You have some nice fronnies there mate! Good to see a fellow baysider!

Cheers.