gtr73

For Sales in the Trader Section

Hiya peoples,

Should we make a rule that if you post an actual "FS" i.e. For Sale in the Trader section, that a price should be included in your post?

So if you have no price to list, you should make it an "EOI" post instead? (i.e. Enquiring On Interest or "Expression of Interest")

Just noticed in recent months there seems to be more and more FS posts with no actual price, then the inevitable "how much you chasing?" question is replied, then we might get a "dunno, how much you offering" or a "send me a PM if interested".

I know on other forums you must list a price for any goods for sale and if you don't know or can't think of a price, list an "EOI" for enquiring on interest instead.

Or am I being a pain in the butt and this is too hard for most?

I personally find it time wasting for everyone if people aren't serious enough to sell something and actually list a price against their goods. But maybe it's just me. :?

Agreed, people need to list a lot more details on some of the products they're selling too in my opinion, sometimes there aren't even model numbers on hardware, and nerdy freaks like me like researching these things..

EOI is Expression of Interest, too ;)

Also suburbs need to be on FS posts.

Either with the user name or included in the ad.

If someone is selling something i am interested in i would like to know what suburb. If it is too far away i won't respond.

Saying Brisbane is not good enough either.

Brian.

Agreed, people need to list a lot more details on some of the products they're selling too in my opinion, sometimes there aren't even model numbers on hardware, and nerdy freaks like me like researching these things..

EOI is Expression of Interest, too ;)

Just edited my first post, thanks.

And I like researching sales too. :lol:

I'm glad some people agree with me.

Not having a stated price when you're selling something is like walking into a Coles for a box or Cornflakes and the price tag says "take to the checkout and make us an offer!"

If it's not kept in check, I reckon we might end up with some problems over time. For example a forum user posting a FS just to see what'll happen and to break their own boredom, but really having no intention to sell anything.

Once one person does it, others will see it's ok to do the same.

Worst case scenario is the Trader section becomes a bit invalid.

But I'm sure the Mods won't let that happen. :wink:

on that not, i have tried to edit my profile to include location and msn contact details but it never works

any1 know why?

change it from the very top of the screen where it has

home :: topics :: downloads :: Your account :: and so on

then go to your info

and it should change from there :wink:

on topic it i like going back and finding out how much things have sold for and so on, im all for putting prices in

paul

on that not, i have tried to edit my profile to include location and msn contact details but it never works

any1 know why?

hi dino,

try edit ur profile by using the "your account" under the :: Modules :: rather the profile next to the Usergroups.

u will have to pm one of the mod if it still doesn't work.

hth

cheers

I agree, a price should be up on "For Sales"

I am guessing the reason some might not, is {A} they honestly might not have an idea, & or {B} have seen people get flamed for asking to high a price.

If we make it a must for people to have a price, then it is a must for people not to bag the seller. Let them work it out when no one buys the product. if you are generally concerned it is a high price & fear people getting ripped off, then pm a mod.

Now that brings me back to the other point of why we have 15min edit option now. People can find it hard to research what a "good" price is when people wipe their for sale's adds clean.

Frenchy :sheep: