JayPee

What size was yours ??

From the pictures it looks to be a 2-3x18x18, with rainbow gravel and a little castle, and tonnes of goldies. Maybe I should put rainbow gravel in my 8x3 hmm...

Mine was a 36x18x18 on an old iron stand, I got $200 for my 12th birthday and I brought it out of the trading post, I have no idea what fish where in it, all I know is they ate neon tetras lol.

Mine was one of the Aqua One plastic Splish Splash set ups with a Betta in it, I had it for 1 week before i got a 4 x 15 x 18 and it has just gone from there, lol.

2260759.jpg

Mine first tank was actually a V-day gift for Happynoob.

But yes it was a splish splash plastic tank with pictus and sharks.

Then slowly moved to a 4ft then 5ft.

I currently have: 4x 1ft, 1x 2ft, 2x 3ft, 1x 4ft, 1x 5ft, 2x6ft.

Got a 4x18x18 for Christmas in 2009, but mum was too tight to buy all the accessories so she just went and got me a complete Aqua One 850… not quite sure how that worked out cheaper, but I’m not complaining.

Since then a few tanks have come and gone, a couple 4 footers, 3’s and 2’s. I’ve managed to compact the collection to a 6’, 4’, Aqua One 850, 1.5’ cube and 9 x 2 footers plus some other pissy little tanks that don’t count.

my first fish tank was one of mums old tupperware containers, 8 litres or thereabouts kept goldfish and elodea in it...

hmmmm

very first tank was almost 25 years ago was a 6x18x18 on a nice bookcase stand loaded it with mixed tropicals lasted a while then bought an aquarium that had closed down so then had 100 odd tanks lol was giving away tanks to people walking past the house lol biggest i had then was a 8x2x2 had to go in through window for talapia buttekoferi then kids came along and i moved out of em ( this was in the time when americans ruled and africans were rare, i bred hoplos, whiptail cats, gaeyi, and many other that cant seem to find nowdays lol Made more money from mystery snails than anything else 50cents each at size of 20cent coin lol

then a while ago got back into it with first tank a 5x2x2 moved and played around for a while, have selections of tanks, with my fav size for breeding being a 4x18x18 and for display i love a nice 4x2x2

peter

my first tank was actually one of my dads fish tanks.

My dad keep fish for half his life and its looking like the same is happening to me so far :P

first tank was a 3x15x15, then turned into a 2x 3x15x15 setup then also a 2foot and a 1.5 all this in my tiny bedroom.

then after i moved out of home some years back i purchased another 3 footer and also my current 4x18x15. come to think of it im still using one of my dads 3x15x15 atm lol!

Any pics of the pool Kev??? Sounds pretty cool.

Nah mate. That was 30 yrs ago back in the UK. This was the building of my current one when I built in bracken ridge

pond.jpg

pond2.jpg

My first was a 3x18x18 display with a custom built stand that i made 5 yrs ago, Then it went from just one to 3 then 5 then 10 and then the 17 i have now, The largest being a 5x2x2.5

My first tank was a little 25L Aqua one in a magenta colour. I've since upgraded to a custom built 70x40x40cm with a painted blue/green pearl splashback. I use the small one as a fry tank.

My first tank was nothing special just an old second hand metal framed tank with glass panels puttied into the frame and a metho burner under the metal base as a heater.

Got it as a birthday present from my uncle who used to breed lionheads but I just had Rainbows and guppy's. Was about 6 at the time.

MTS got me real early and by the time I left school to go to Uni I had 10 tanks of various sizes.

Got Married and started again when my son turned six got him a tank and now I have a about 30 tanks of different sizes and shapes having just cut back and gotten rid of about fourty tanks.

Graeme

My first tank was nothing special just an old second hand metal framed tank with glass panels puttied into the frame and a metho burner under the metal base as a heater.

Got it as a birthday present from my uncle who used to breed lionheads but I just had Rainbows and guppy's. Was about 6 at the time.

MTS got me real early and by the time I left school to go to Uni I had 10 tanks of various sizes.

Got Married and started again when my son turned six got him a tank and now I have a about 30 tanks of different sizes and shapes having just cut back and gotten rid of about fourty tanks.

Graeme

I wish you had a photo, Specially of the heater set up, Would be cool to see a bit of history from our hobby.

Sorry DSV that particular tank went to the dump in the mid 60's when I dropped it and busted the metal frame.

Got meself one those newfangled all glass tanks then.

I could afford it by then had a part time job as a newsboy selling papers on the side of the road.

Graeme

Edited by xysti53