Hi All,

this morning we lost power at East Brisbane for over 4 hours. I bought a UPS lst year for $360 and it has just paid itself off. It ran my air pump the whole time while the power was out and all fish are happy and alive. I have 9 tanks in total with 2 colonies of 6-bar frontys, 1 colony of 7 bar frontys, 2 grow out tank, and a few more colonies of a variety of fish. I worked out that the babies in the growout tank was worth more than my UPS.

Just thought I'd share that with you all just in case you guys wanted to put in a bit of insurance for your fish.

Cheers,

dan

Couldn't agree with you more;

You can pick up a UPS (Uninteruptable Power Supply) units for as little as $69 for a 350VA units from computer shops like game dude and umart.

The key is to only use it on the essential equipement like air pump and filter otherwise heaters and lights will just drain the unit.

just like schmuck said. It's worth the money. I got one with 1000Va and it runs a large air pump for over 4 hours without any dramas.

I would recommend it to everyone cos one tank of fry is usually more than the cost of the UPS. And it does it automatically so you never need to be there.

How good is that.

cheers,

dan