Tabbycat

American Severum Question

Ok I am hoping someone out there has some idea about americans and what I am asking lol. I have no idea about them and they are not my fish. My friend has these 2 americans that look just like these pics (these are not the actual fish)

severum2.jpg

severum.jpg

They are Severums I am guessing. They have have just had babys. I was wondering if they would be concidered xbreed or not and if it is ok to take them away form the parents at 2 days old as she has offered them to me cause she is not interested in the babys. If I dont take them they will be loach food 8O . Anyone with 1/2 a clue would help please. Thank you

those two pictured are infact the same species , just different colour morphs so they wouldnt be considered a hybrid

is this thier first time they have bred? if it is im suprised they havent eaten the eggs/fry yet ( sevs are notorious for this ) so if i was your friend i would get them out ASAP

hi , i breed my gold male & green female severums all the time with good coloured babies - i do not consider them a cross as they are the same species of fish breeding - take all the babies you can get hold of - you will be glad u did when people line up 2 buy the juvies , my babies turn out solid gold or solid green so dont worry about them breeding.the juvies will look great believe me & all the people who bought babies from my pair .see ya

That is great guys thank you so much for all the info. Yes Won this is the first time they have bred. She got them about 4 weeks ago from smiths. I will be going over tomorrow arvo to pick up the babys. Thanks again guys that is awesome news