TaShiE

Moving woohooo

Ok dunno if this is the right place or not.... 8O

We are moving From gladstone back down to bundy about a 2 hours trip.. whats the best way to move the fish and tanks... We are going to do it ourselfs (moving)

I was thinking bagging them all up n puttin them in a box like how u would freight fish?? any advice would be good

Cheers 8)

If it was me I would Just bucket them

Probably about 4 hours all up by the time you catch them and setthe tank up other end

Should be fine

I would invest in a battery airpump to help them out though

Dont feed a few days before you go so there isnt an ammonia problem

As an added extra a small amount of prime in the water will also help with ammonia problems

Brad

when i moved my fish room, i used 2 44 gal drums with air pumps in each one and put all fish together that where capable for the trip being in the dark they are kept calm. i transport the more delecit in bags double wrap and with oxygen and they were fine for a 1 1/2 trip.

I'd just use buckets and have a towel laying over them. Thats all i use if their only traveling between 1-2 hours. Or you could go to a fishing tackle supply shop and get some battery operated air pumps if your worryed. I bought 3 of them a few weeks ago at saltys in Bundy for $9.50 each. I used them when i picked up some fish from smiley and had to travel 4-5 hours. cheers mick

HI TASH , IF YOU HAVNT GOT TOO MANY I WOULD BE KIND ENOUGH 2 SET UP ONE OF MY SPARE TANKS 4 YOU 2 PUT YOUR FISH IN WHILE YOU GET YOUR TANKS READY IF YOUR MAKING A TRIP 2 BUNDY BEFORE U DO THE BIG MOVE - AS I LIVE HERE IN BUNDY - JUST A THOUGHT .. CAN GIVE U MY MOB # IF INTERESTED OR HOME # SEE YA

Everything is falling into place now for us to move... still a lil scared on moving the 6 ft n catching allll the fish lol.... We should b in bundy by easter week.. Sooo woohooo... I hate packing you find out how much shit u do own lol.... a few things went to life line... alot went to the dump lol..

Scott we will most prob come get the buckets n bags air pumps on the weekend 1st on a sunday just so we have it here for when we move in the middle of the week... ahhhh the joys of moving... i reckon by the end of it i will b very grey...

Cheers 8)