175Myles

Strange bug in my Fighter tank!??!? With Photo's.

Ok just siphoning out my 4 bay fighter tank and I noticed this strange ugly bug thing in my siphon tube...

I don't know what it is or how it got there, I do not like it. Pictures aren't perfect, bad light, trying to shoot a wet tube... Not easy...

This is not from my rainbow tank.

post-3596-14711624098092_thumb.jpg

post-3596-1471162409866_thumb.jpg

Earlier stage of dragonfly or damselfly. I got one yesterday.

I shouldv'e known as they can be a big problem in Koi breeding ponds in the UK (an area that I worked in)...................I found a dead drafonfly on the surface of a tank and thought nothing about it, about a week ago. Yesterday, I caught a nymph with a fry in it's pincers. The adult had got onto the water between the tiebar and sides as my tie bars are 5cms in to allow hang on filters. It then probably couldn't find it's way out 'cause of the lids

This is how they're more commonly seen............more elongated. It's at this stage that they do the damage with those mandibles in their head.

dragonfly_larvae_big.jpg

And this is the early stage which looks similar to what you have

larvae-8868.jpg

kev

Edited by bidkev

Wonder if that's why 2 of my endlers died =( My pretty little flame endler and my female flame endler both died in that tank.

Wouldnt be the larvae. You wouldn't find any trace if it was...............greedy buggers that they are!

kev

I dunno but I was upset when my flame endlers died because they are the first and only I have seen that colour before.

Looked way nicer IRL, Pictures really don't pick up the colour he was.

post-3596-14711624117058_thumb.jpg