clipper

orange spot bristlenose breeding advice

hey everyone,

i've recently set up a 10 2 foot tank stand system built specifically to house my bn pairs. I have 4 pepermint pairs 4 longfin albino pairs 1 shortfin albino pair and one orangespot trio. I have alot of experience with the other varities except the orange spots. just wondering as they look a little different to the common bristlenose family if there are infact slight differences in breeding these little guys.

please and thankyou for your tips and advice =)

agreed, have had one massive pair pump out 316 babies! Have heard of larger batches though, wouldn't surprise me - they get huge!

very cool =) though i think i need a better male. I bought 6 and 4 have matured and only one appears to be male. So prolly gonna try hunt a good male down, except tvl isnt exactly BN capital of queensland =/

Well the main issue i have with my male is he never goes into a cave. He just sits ontop of a rock or ontop of a log. Hes healthy but just seems to be only half there.

I feed my orangespots and all my BN's zuccini, cuccumber, pumpkin sometimes carrot and live baby brine shrimp. My water has a digital reader thingy which beeps when theres a ph spike, ammonia and other nasties so i dont think thats an issue there. the tank is part of a 10 2 foot breeding set up however. ty for the replies though i'll give him another month if not i'll start looking for a replacement.

Just happened to stumble across your thread of almost 3 years ago!!

Is the best chance of breeding o/spots brought about by exclusion of any other fish/species?

I have my commons breed regularly with no problem in a busy tank including corys ,platys & guppies.

I happened to obtain a "pair " of o/spot about 9 months ago & the male spends most of his time in the clay tube, but he must be watching TV.

I've tried moving them & various other things ...except privacy.

I have a similar situation with my colony of about 30 sf albino bn .

They basically have their own tank except for some juvie corys .They haven't shown any sign of breeding for a long time.

All these fish are well fed with zuc,lettuce,cuc,redworm,algae wafers.

So compared to the commons ,are some BN types harder to breed or needing different conditions ?

Water parameters ok, weekly changes, ph about 7.4

Any expert enlightenment is appreciated as I have juvie peps & marbles in my breeding plans