Sign in to follow this  
Alibi

Hi! New fishy person

Hi,

I have been lurking here for alittle while and thought it was time i joined!

I am very recently into fishkeeping, with starting with a 27litre tank at the start of the year, and just recently set up a new juwel rio 180 litre tank (mts has hit quick). I have only just started introducing fish into the big tank, so currently the inhabitants are 5 rummy noses, 4 cherry barbs, 1 cockatoo cichlid and an albino bristlenose.

Looking forward to learning alot :kitty:

Thanks guys.

Yes i am becoming a great fan of the apisto's, i am totally in love with my cockatoo boy, and will be getting him a couple of girlfriends hopefully soon. Just trying to find places in Brisbane that stock the other types of apisto's aswell.

aussie123, what ph do you have yours in, i would love to beable to get some to breed too, but am unsure if they would breed in the ph i have which is the same ph from the tap 7.5 or there abouts. Do you think they would breed ok in that?

They will be fine in that.

We will be breeding ours in a ph 7.8 to 8.0

I breed all my fish in PH 7.8 to 8.0,including all the Americans.

A higher PH is not as important as keeping it very stable.

Most fish will live and breed happily in a higher or lower ph if they are climatised properly to begin with and the ph is kept stable.

Hey mate, i dont know about in brisbane but if your ever on the coast G&S aquarium have a couple of different types, cacatoides, borellii, veija. They also have some pretty nice discus and rams if you wanted other additions.

Cheers,

Rusty