Sign in to follow this  
damo83

Lepto's with brevis fry?

G'day,

I'm upgrading my brevis pair and fry to a 3'x20"x15" soon and want to put a small school of lepto's in with them but i'm worried the brevis fry will get eaten... everything i've read says lepto's are mid-water micro plankton feeders so i thought the brevis might be ok hiding in the shells/rocks on the bottom. But i also know that most africans will snack on fry given the chance :roll:

Anyone kept lepto's with another species' fry?

Thanks

Damo

It might be okay mate. I kept 3juvi leptos and a their mum in a 3" tank with a single male hecqui...after 10mintes i came back and he had killed two of the juvies :( sooo yeh i think brevis have a better temprement then Hecqui. The leptos wont attack the brevis...juvi brevis will stay close to their shells until they are large enough to fend for themselves. The leptos certainly wont go searching between the shells for they because they obvious lik open water aka top section.

cheers, brado

I agree, the Lepto's will swim at the surface and middle levels and aren't a preditor, just put a fair few mystery snail shells/hermit crab shells in the bottom for the Brevis and they should be fine.

Sign in to follow this