bidkev

What we do for kids!!!!!!

So Jake wanted the bare geo grow out tank to be "more comfortable" and "aesthetically pleasing" for the fish. Guess who had to wash the sand? :confused:

tank_3.jpg

tank-2.jpg

Yeah mate great job love those rock -can u tell me what r they??

-Also what the hell is that fish in ur avatar was going 2 say riftnick but looking at all of u, -what the!!!...

i guess you didnt see the coke bottle gravel cleaner post then

Yep. I've seen all sorts both in the past and in the present..........coke bottles............cement mixers.............riddles and hoses..........all sorts. Nothing beats swilling and pouring from a bucket IMHO..............labour intensive but you can see the clarity of the water before the substrata goes in the tank..................I'm a better safe than sorry kinda bloke................with gnarled fingers and a knackered back :egrin:

Yeah mate great job love those rock -can u tell me what r they??

It's one big piece of driftwood with swimholes in it so they can get to the back if they're feeling shy.

Wood u say, I should have look bit harder...

What sort of wood Kev or is it just a pumped peice..

Has it been in a tank 4 long.

Cheers Steven

Wood u say, I should have look bit harder...

What sort of wood Kev or is it just a pumped peice..

Has it been in a tank 4 long.

Cheers Steven

Some sort of hardwood...........weighs a ton. Got it off a forum member 12 months ago and it's been in a tank ever since

kev

Looks great kev. Bet your pleased Jake made you do that in the long run=)

Is that bad Boy Bubby in your avitar ???

Jack Nicholson mate................you don't mess with that mother :egrin:

Looks nice Kev ... But u have to cull at least 2 of those Geo's ...

Lungy ...

What?! 8O There's only 18 in a 3'6" x18 x 18 :egrin:

Looks like I'm looking for another 8 footer.............that boy's costing me a packet considering that I'm not really intersted in fish ;):egrin:

I was refering to the 2 deformed ones that i can see ... the tank size is fine ...

The 2 far left have . "bull noses" ... they need to be culled mate ...

Lungy ...

I was refering to the 2 deformed ones that i can see ... the tank size is fine ...

The 2 far left have . "bull noses" ... they need to be culled mate ...

Lungy ...

You've got better eyesight than me mate....didn't even notice till you pointed 'em out. I'll look at the rest tomorrow...................if the buggers keep still for a minute.

Looks like I'm looking for another 8 footer.............that boy's costing me a packet considering that I'm not really intersted in fish ;):egrin:

thats a blatant bollock.

youre just using poor jake to feed your insatiable appetite for fishy stuffs.

just kidding

thats a blatant bollock.

youre just using poor jake to feed your insatiable appetite for fishy stuffs.

just kidding

No you're not............you've got me sussed :egrin:

kev

So Jake wanted the bare geo grow out tank to be "more comfortable" and "aesthetically pleasing" for the fish. Guess who had to wash the sand? :confused:

Nice try Kev, you think you can post pics of the new display tank in your lounge room and tell us its just a "grow out tank". You dont fool me mate :lol: :lol:

Nice try Kev, you think you can post pics of the new display tank in your lounge room and tell us its just a "grow out tank". You dont fool me mate :lol: :lol:

"tis true mate. To quote my lad, "just because they're breeding and grow out tanks it doesn't mean to say that we can't make the fish comfortable" :confused: All but 3 of the bloody tanks have substrata/plants/timber in 'em. He even throws a thrombie when I put plant pots in, 'cause he says they ain't natural :egrin:

nice tank kev,

what type of geos are they?

suris or oh's?

im tryinng to figure out how im gonna scape my 5x2 orange head/sev growout/display tank

ive got two ideas atm, scape a tank like yours with a few plants or a blackwater type setup with no plants.

hmmm so many choices