Raybin

Has anyone had success keeping marine sponges?

thanks mate

what shops stock it so I can pick some up tomorrow. I had a bit of a search and its getting pretty good reviews. Do you know if it comes in larger sizes? Have a 3500 litre system to dose...

thanks mate, I am on top of the biology, was just looking for any specific experiences, success or fail. I am not keeping a full reef, mainly sponges (other inverts will come and go from the system) and it will be lightly stocked. All good regarding the chain, I will be the start and end :)

Yeah always good to squeeze out any air if it's been exposed. I know reef secrets on the coast has some but he is shut today. Sponge power is concentrated 5 drops every few days for my 900l system. Had sponges for a year or so before I started using this without any problem, so probably not needed.

I haven't had a problem as I keep a few in my reef setup. I do feed them though, I think it's called sponge power it's in a little blue bottle. But I really only use this so there is food for my nudibranchia's.

What type of nudibranches do you have? I was looking into nembrotha kubaryana but they aparently only feed on ascidians. I haven't found anybody who has successfully kept them for a long period of time because of their picky diet. So any help would be great. Thanks

There are four species we collect for our tanks around brisbane,the colours are red,orange,light purple and the lovely pink/purple,the latern names will make this far to long and all four do very well,just remember they depend on a constant food source,planktoic sized and not light!

Yes I know the common ones but I am after a specific one (nembrotha kubaryana) and I need to find a means to keep it alive. Apparently there has only been a short term success with the one I want (black and lime in colour). What the eat is very hard to cultivate and with the amount they eat I will need plentiful. If anybody has ever kept them I would really love to know what they were fed and what their habitat was like too please.

This is a picture of it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpTxbHvhpGbj62yrsTfqy8WhX6X3mmSvwDtZgyHj-3OTjz2qF9Fg