1xlarge oscar

2x severums(big for there size) 1x small sev

1xgreen terror(medium)

green terror got added today :D then got attacked by oscar is it just the whole "new kid on the block" sorta keep outta my way thing

because they were mouth fighting on and off for about an hour then the sevs would nip the side of him

but now there all fine ill post tomorrow on how there all going

but is it normal for them to start fighting the newest fish?

cheers :D ash

fish junkie - your advice would be more helpful if you gave advice instead of constantly pointing out mistakes show someone how to fix it no doubt youd of had your fair share of fish problems if youve kept americans together

yea but the solution to fix it, ( buy bigger tanks and grow juvie fish up together ) is not exactly something you can easily do.

You cant just 'fix' american problems

just look at Iraq, that may never end

despite the fact everyone thought it would 'be over by christmas'

my brazillis is an aggressive fish and hes only 13-14cm he gets along well with my oscar and golden sev , but they are much larger then him. I hope they continue to get alone when the brazilis gets bigger. He attacks any fish under 20cm lol. crazy little bastard.

yeah my terrors starting to do a little damage :@ ill move him to another tank or turf him out soon they look so nice but they live up to there name hes starting to rattle my oscar does anyone know if petshops are open tomorrow?

If a green terror is too aggressive for you community..... then you are not setting up an aggressive American tank.

You are setting up a chilled out cichlid one.

Green Terror are usually quite chilled out unless defending a spawn.

So if ones causing drama you need to really stick to the posers, like oscars, sevs, chocs, festivums.

Leave the actual aggressive fish to those with a bit more experience and plenty of salt/mela on hand for

never trust common names

I mean my green freckled monsters sound friendly enough

but they would rip a green terrors face off and make it eat it

just so they could then eat it gutloaded

fish junkie - your advice would be more helpful if you gave advice instead of constantly pointing out mistakes show someone how to fix it no doubt youd of had your fair share of fish problems if youve kept americans together

You have asked a million questions but still you go your own way. Sure i still have agro in my tanks but ive got 40 to choose from believe me with one tank you will never get it right even fish that get along can turn on eack other

At the start lots of people gave advice now only a few because your not taking it in

im not having a go just trying to steer you on the right path. Most of us were YOU

Fish Junkie

fish junkie - thanks :D that makes more sence now i realise

the problem is everyone says oscars are AGGRESSIVE or SEMI AGGRESSIVE so i figured if i wanted fish that could stand oscars theyd be semi aggressive(sevs someone said were) and terrors and what not

ive learned to turf out the terror and not get another!

and what will work with an oscar in a 6x2x2? there not as aggressive as everyone thinks they just dont like fish messing with there food!

so what would YOU reccomend for a 4ft american display?

anyone who says oscars are aggressive has never kept oscars

they are big

but thats about it

I'd describe them as big 'babies'

eartheaters apart from brazils are a good suggestion

brazils tend to beat up oscars lol

but suriminensis are a good choice

festivems

acara

rainbows

blue eyes

firemouths

parrots

silver dollars

severums

silver sharks (may become feeders lol)

smaller stuff, just give them lots of structure to hide in to avoid ya oscars

big babies or not, they got big mouths lol

donny- COULD i have the 4ft as a severum tank and slowly grow ^^ them guys and move them in when there not bite size for the oscar?

and how aggressive are festaes? i remember i saw them in vegas micks american tank they look awesome!