hey everyone i picked up a male common b/n 3 days ago and i put him in a spare tank with a female and within a day i have a log full of eggs i was wondering how long do they take to hatch:) and do i pull them out as soon as they hatch or wat do i do with the fry:)

Usually 5-7 days mate.

Dont take fry out to early as they will tend to much on parents poo. 1.5-2cm before i even think about moving them.

Crush some algae wafers up and also try blanched lettuce and cucumber.

Good Luck.

the problem is i had to put them in my fry tank the night i got him so there still in my fry tank my fry are about 2 - 3 cm will they eat the b/n fry or should i pull him out and put him and the log he is in into another tank

Again it depends what fry you have in the fry tank, if its older bristlenose fry then they should be fine.

You could put the dad and the log into a plastic fish bag (try not to move it so much so the dad freaks out and wants to leave the log) with water so the eggs don't get any air on them then submerge them into another tank, making sure of course you slowly introduce the new water into the bag before taking the log and him out and placing it in the tank.

I've done this before when closing down a tank and finding that my longfins are on eggs, i just pop a fish bag round the clay log with water in it to cover the log and transfer it, that way i'm not disturbing the male too much..best if the male isnt aware of whats going on :)

J

Hi there I keep bristlenose and i have found i can move them into a different tank with same water though ,

as soon as they are fully black and i see a couple starting to make a break from the cave . Maybe a week old . this way u dont have to injure them by

trying to catch little tiny things afterwards if u wanted to . When they are fully black and still in the cave I grab them :)

C.

yer i would just leave them in there, chuck some drift wood in there so they can munch on that, mine go nutso for algea wafers, i dont bother crushing it up they love it, they also love the zuchinni not so much the lettuce. But yer will depend on what other fry you have if you move them or keep them