steve6610

help needed with racks and tanks

i need some advice please,

i have a rack thats 4ft l x 2ft w,

my question is can i put a 4ft x 18in tank on the rack i can put the tank towards the front so as to have the front edge on the rack, that will mean the front and both ends will be on the steel, but the rear wont be on anything, apart from the center beam,

will this be ok, or should i get some 3mm ply and put it on the rack and then place the tanks on it,

thanks guys,

the rack has a middle brace, jules got some 3mm ply today, so i'll trim and fit it tomorrow, i have everything else ready to go, i'll come back here and update what happens, so i guess if there are no updates for a couple weeks, it will mean good news, :),

Sounds like you've got it sorted but I thought I'd show you what I'm doing with a 3x15x20h

P4270247.jpg

P4270245.jpg

That's a bunnings stand with mdf, the bowing you can see is because the mdf bends up at the front from water damage. There's 2, 2foots on the top level and it's surprizingly sturdy. But I don't know how it would go in the long run or with big bumps so I wouldn't do it if there were any kids or animals going in the room

Note: I know Mdf is bad and I wouldn't use it but I bought this second hand and went with what it had since I'm moving soon, I will replace with ply when I do because mdf is bad with water.