gyung

what do you do when there's a no show for a pick up?

over the years being on this forum (and please don't get me wrong i love this forum), i have personally observed that a number of my sales opportunities have a "NO SHOW" experience. lately it's been increasing and personally i think it is extremely rude and i feel more and more insulted that people call up, say they want the fish and arrange a time...then proceed to make you wait for a whole day when you could have been doing something else with your time. it seems to be occurring more and more to the point that i am thinking of creating a "black list". what i call the "soup Nazi" approach.

would just like to know how other people handle this. or am i gonna get a number of posts saying suck it up and just deal with it...

lol

I keep all my fish dealing details on an excel document, one of the tabs is seriously titled "black list".

No single person is on there who dosn't deserve too be - I don't sell to nor buy off that person, that being said I also don't go around rubbishing that person to everyone I can find - its a bit better to make people make their pwn decisions, i've had horrific experiences with one perticular member and he went straight onto the list - but i know several members reckon the sun shines out of his a$$.

I also don't throw a nasty pm to that person telling them that i'm not ever selling too them again ect. ect. ect. I just leave it until they want to buy something, then politely explain why i'm not selling it too them. Most send back a very rude pm with lots of words that would alert grum (fingers crossed).

But thats just my method, each to their own.

Michael

I just keep it to myself. If it gets out of hand grum will handle it. Ive been screwed around plenty but its always a seller selling under me to someone else without a valid reason. I learnt how to deal with this the hard way the first time and since i just bottle it up=]

As for the whole pick up thing, i offer to pick up the second i ask to buy it unless im at work, or am physically unable to. Even if i were to purchase something right now at 11.36pm, if the seller were online, i would state im available to pick up right now. I know not everyone has the motivation to do this straight away, but the way i see it, less of a eff around, and you're gaurentee'd to get what you want without anything dodgy going on.

Maybe they should just introduce a 24-48 hour pick up rule and unless a valid case is stated that it cant be picked up within that time, than stuff it, no doubt someone else probably wants it.

if you decide you dont want the fish or what ever you have called and said,

even a simple text message would be greatly appreciated, so that everyone can get along with their day As normal,

i personally haven't had this experience on the forum,

and still hoping i dont have this run in.

but i think a black list is a good idea, after so many strikes moderators shall make a decision on what should be done about it ?

Well it might be an effort for grum to set up the whole positive/negative thing... But we can comment on profiles, so even if it were initiated that positive feedback was just written in the comments of personal profiles, that way anyone can see if theyre worth the trust or not.

I'm with Michael, I give everyone 1 chance then if they "No Show" they go on my "My List of Retarded Members" who never get another chance to buy off/sell to me again. It's less hectic that way :) but in saying that, it's sooooo easy to get a new Profile (I know of a few members who have tried to buy off me with different names, pitty they don't change their face hahaha). I just add their new names next to their old ones. It got bad for me that it made the decision to stop breeding n just keep a display, that much easier. I also have a list of "Preferred Sellers/Buyers" that I would hold an item for 1 month for as they ALWAYS SHOW UP :)

I know of a site that if someone upsets you, you can block them from sending you PM's or seeing your posts and replying but unsure of what happens if they look at someone elses post that you have replied 2, if they can then see the details of your posting.

This could be one way of stopping crap on the forum.

I had a no show over Easter but will be sorting it off the forum.

Baz

Baz

There's always the Dispute Resolution Process with the relevant link/info stickied in each trading section. Some members have used it well, others seem scared or unaware of it.

There will always unfortunately be people lacking courtesy -human nature I guess. But if we praise/commend those who do the right thing and report those who don't through the appropriate process, we can minimise stuff arounds.

wow loving the response! cheers guys, don't feel so bad thinking about starting the black list after all! after hearing all your suggestions, i am however a big fan of the positive and negative feedback. would be too much trouble to start this feedback thing up grummy?

yep had a no show over easter as well. I simply added that member to my TIME WASTERS LIST which now has 41 members on it. when I first posted on here I started an O.K MEMBERS LIST which has 46 members on it. Many of which have come back 2,3,or 4 times and have been a pleasure to deal with. one member has come about a dozen times at wierd times as well buying sometimes one fish only.... its almost like the member was sneeking out to play the pokies or something. ( hope they werent taking money out of their partners money box)

now each contact I make with a member I look at their profile, see where they live and check out thier previous posts from their posts and replies you can sort of work out if they are genuine or not

name and shame would not be a good look for this forum IMO would only undermine the integrity of this forum and its members

I still miss my ex........... but my aim is getting better!!!!!

I know of a site that if someone upsets you, you can block them from sending you PM's or seeing your posts and replying but unsure of what happens if they look at someone elses post that you have replied 2, if they can then see the details of your posting.

This could be one way of stopping crap on the forum.

I had a no show over Easter but will be sorting it off the forum.

Baz

Baz

Hey Baz,

You can do that on here aswell ;) just view the offenders Profile and click the ignore button. Not sure if it does exactly what you have described or just stops them from PM'ing you??? I personally haven't used it but it's an option :)

i'm not in favour of bad feedback as it can be used just to have a go at somebody for spite, thats something that can be talked about between mates and via pms,

but it wouldn't be hard to add 1 extra section in the trader thats just for positive feedback, we may not find out the bad buyers/sellers, but we can at least leave good feedback for members who have been nice to deal with, either buyer or seller, i've used this on my reptile site and it has worked very well,

Another forum I am on....... not a fish one......

anyway a member actually set up a seperate website for members to rate buyers on

so thats an option too, keeps any potential drama seperate from the actual forum

not saying it has worked perfectly

but it has certainly helped me avoid certain repeat offenders

thing is

it only works while its da secret lol

and if its da secret...... how do ya find out about it?

WOW, another complaint that the forum cannot control.

I say this weekly, it still doesn't sink in, not sure if the same people complaining are also very simple people.

Use the dispute system we have to they will be delt with, if you don't you have no right to complain, happens more and more because you are to lazy, stupid or possibly scared to report it, well if thats the case, then YES you will have to suck it up, cause if yours not helping to get rid of these people from the forum, your pretty much condoning it, and if your happy with it to happen to you, DON'T COMPLAIN about it later.

Closed.