David!

Overfeeding Barramundi

In a hurry, sorry for the crappy thread:

My barramundi is voracious, and never seems to stop eating.

I put feeders in for the saratoga but the barramundi eats them.

The barramundi never seems to get full, I put more feeders in hoping the toga will get some, but the barramundi just keeps eating.

Will the barramundi stop eating when it's really full, or what?

What are the risks of overfeeding it? (where all food is consumed, not left in the tank to rot)

It's around 35cm, and it ate about 6 convicts yesterday :/

They can get disease by consuming to much food in winter as their digestive system can't cope with the excess food as their motabalism slows and the excess rots in the gut ,but if you have him in a heated tank you will be fine, if not slow the feeding down to once every second or third day in winter

So I seriously don't have to worry about feeding it too much? It's not going to destroy it's digestive system or get diabetes or something?

They can get disease by consuming to much food in winter as their digestive system can't cope with the excess food as their motabalism slows and the excess rots in the gut ,but if you have him in a heated tank you will be fine, if not slow the feeding down to once every second or third day in winter

this may be true in the wild but in a heated tank its always summer

i used to put 20 to 30 2 inch goldfish in for my togas and barra

the barra would just scare the togas and race around eating them all i think he record was 20 in 45 seconds

this may be true in the wild but in a heated tank its always summer

i used to put 20 to 30 2 inch goldfish in for my togas and barra

the barra would just scare the togas and race around eating them all i think he record was 20 in 45 seconds

a heater in a fish tank does not change the fact that its winter... even if the temp stays the same all year round, he will know when if its winter or not in accordance with barametric pressure. in the wild the atmospheric and barametric pressure affects fish more so than temperature.

a heater in a fish tank does not change the fact that its winter... even if the temp stays the same all year round, he will know when if its winter or not in accordance with barametric pressure. in the wild the atmospheric and barametric pressure affects fish more so than temperature.

i think you mean hydrostatic pressure.....but the metobolic rate of the fish is still decided on water temperature not water pressure and definatly not air pressure ;)