Hey guys

Can anyone recommend a cheaper alternative to an Eheim Jager?

I have an EJ which is great but im just wondering if theres some cheaper brands out there that work fine.

Thanks

Matt.

Yeah just about all are good, you get some odd bad ones, just like you can sometimes get a bad jager. Always make sure they are the fully submerseable ones though. The ones that have to have the dial above water are annoying.

dude i just bought an aqua nova or something from aquariums alive, cheap as like 30 bucks for 300watt. its submersable, does the job. then again its on a tank with no fish for aging water... i wouldnt trust anything cheap with expensive fish

The aqua one ones aren't bad for a cheapy.

These days I'm only going for jager heaters and more energy efficient ones. If you can wait I'd say get the jager and most likely save money in the long run.

Thanks guys.

Iv done some more thinking today, and in the long run a jager will probably be cheaper to run, would pay for itself over time.

Last winter i hardly ever saw the one I have on at all but it kept the tank perfect.

good to hear the aquaones are ok. and iv seen the aquanovas too.

I will admit the aqua ones do not break down, but they are on ten times more than my inline. In terms of efficiency I have not had a better heater than my hydor inline heater its on for all of about 10 seconds then off again for ages! it is hardly ever on.

yep, its all about water movement isnt it, that makes heating efficient as possible.

I dont use canisters or sumps otherwise Id be all over the inlines. bugger!

In terms of efficiency I have not had a better heater than my hydor inline heater its on for all of about 10 seconds then off again for ages! it is hardly ever on.

How many litres is it heating just done a quick search on it. Where did you buy it from ??

Cheers JP =)

You can get the 300w jagers from redlands for about 54 bux i think last I checked. Call first tho because they only get them in when they can sell them at that price. Never had any issues with them, the 300w ones will do one thousand liters pretty easily.

How many litres is it heating just done a quick search on it. Where did you buy it from ??

Cheers JP =)

x2............................