marty_87

What type are these??

what LFS? only ask because i will be getting some eventually (money and time permitting as to when:S). I will be getting some from Rex but might also get some from an lfs tog et a different bloodline in there :D And yer its hte pointy head, the fact htat if you duplicate the eyes you only get one on eather side instead of like 6 or 7. Its the oval shape, i would be looking at that site i sent you and that will tell you exactly whats good and whats not good, its pretty good site for what to adn not to look for. But i would be taking them back to the LFS!!! and demanding money back

It's not that they look like they are in bad health, but they all look stunted. They may have sat in the LFS for awhile with minimal to no water changes. They do look colour fed but thats no biggie, I'd prefer to buy fish at that size that are colour fed as it allows to see what the fish will grow into, But that depends on what they were colour fed with really.

Jst because they are stunted doesn't mean they wont throw exceptional fry. stunting is usually caused by poor water and not genetics, although it depends if you are a gambling man as it may well be from bad genetics. I'd personally not take the chance. In saying that the fish with the best bloodline on the planet will sometimes throw crap. lol