gyung

s,ss,sss CRS for those who haven't seen much of it

so a friend of mine got a spiffy camera going and decided to take some CRS photos for me cause i suck at taking photos....not super pro but they came out pretty good!

there are B/C grade, SS and SSS grade. and a few "lil" surprises ;) enjoy

IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_3244.jpg

IMG_3235.jpg

Edited by gyung
i graded the shrimp wrong

Nice work on the purchase and also the babies :) Looks like some nice shrimp there. Out of curiosity what are some specs on the tank including size, filtration, ADA by the looks?

A mate on the northside of brissy breeds all these types and many more including goldens and tonnes more higher grade shrimp and so keen to get going with some of my own. Once you get these guys up and growing there will be a nice little market for you on the GC especially on Aquarium Life forum if you ever head to that forum (specializes more on these types of shrimp and higher end planted tanks not your standard sword or val in a tank with some moss and driftwood kind of folks). You would sell them like hot cakes as noone publicly advertises them on the GC and many GC users are chasing higher grades without travelling to brisbane.

thanks discus_noob. ok let's see what i can answer here, tank size is only 2 x 18 x 18. there's only eight of these fellas and they are my second experience keeping shrimp. after careful research it seems that you don't have to have only one grade in the tanks so i went looking for a variety. ended up getting 2 S grade, 4 SS Grade and 2 SSS Grade. i wanted more S grade but unfortunately there wasn't enough available so i got more SS. Filtration is only three Large Sponge filters. tried using a box filter with matrix but i was afraid that later on when they bred the babies could get stuck. eventually by summer, i plan to set up a 3x18x18 tank in the lounge room with a chiller and include a 600l/ph canister filter with some sponge inserts to stop babies from getting sucked in of course! and finally yes, ADA, super awesome looking soil and i loved the dark colours of it. and yes to answer DVS969's question i don't have a chiller yet but i have heard of the loses last summer from a few people so yeah the chiller's gonna be ready when sept hits lol.

aw man i've been looking all around for shrimp breeders but i haven't had much luck to see what's around!!! mate could you refer me to your shrimp breeder fan? i'd kill to get some blue tiger or pearl shrimp and cardinal shrimp if there's ever any in the country some day. thanks for the tip on aquarium life too. just had a look. personally the money side never phased me i was so obsessed with getting these guys for a while and when the opportunity arose, i just jumped on it. sure it burnt a hole in my pocket but it's about the luv not the money lol. getting you're money back and a little bit more to help pay the ridiculous bills in life is just that extra bonus...when it happens (a rarity for most!) besides, i hear the babies are very fragile so i might not end up having any babies at all cause i'm not that experienced with the shrimpies yet.

and shon...I WILL KILL YOU!!!!!!!! lol jokes, besides we put prawns on the barbie not shrimp :P also, when we all catch up u r gonna show me some awesome cuisine. love ma curry dude love it.

I hope you didnt pay store prices for them mate lol. On AL if you ever need any more shrimp there are hundreds of breeders offering you quality shrimp from all over australia so it is definately the place to be when it comes to shrimp.

We are limited to what we have however someone sold a rilli shrimp not long ago (one off hahaha) and also dave and others are trying to bring in cardinal Shrimp Caridina dennerle but all the others are unfortunately not allowed in aus at this present time.

Sounds like you got it pretty sussed out dude! Just dont go playing with the ADA substrate or rescaping the tank now with those lil guys in there :)

I was a bit skeptical with the first one being such a high grade? But I still get confused with the grading myself.

no idea on the price of CBS really i just sat there one day and daydreamed. yeah i was a bit skeptical with the first pic too...might go have a look at that one again. i think it's more A than any other. 2nd, 3rd and 5th pic SS, 4th and 6th pic SSS