Hi all,

I hope that some one can guide me in the right direction, I have a 4ft x 18" x 18" tanks with one canister filter and two small internal filters. Also I have two pieces of wood and sand stone within the tank.

The water a clear for the first 3 days and then it turned cloudy, both PH and Ammonia are within the range. Once a do a water change, within a day or two it turns cloudy again.:(

How do I get the water to be clear, can some one suggest what I am doing wrong please.

David

Dave ... let your filters catch up with your water changes , give it a few days as your filters need to accomadate bacteria to clarify your water . be carefull u r ot OVER neutralizing as it make the water cloudy ok .

Slowly but surely dave :)

C.

Had a guy today that just couldnt accept his oscar tank was cloudy because he was cleaning his filters in tap water.

I do believe I could have sold him a thousand products if I had wanted.

In the end we settled on a bacteria suppliment.... and him deciding to humor me and try leaving filters a little bit dirty for a bit.

well thats how it looked

but he prob went home, changed 90% of the water, washed filters in tapwater and threw in a handful of kmart flake.

sigh

people aint so keen to be told that microscopic bacteria keep fish alive

not humans

Yes mate,

just sounds like you're cleaning your filters and tank just a touch to much.

Just leave it and it'll come good.

Then find that happy medium between too clean (white cloud) and too dirty (brown cloud)

I reckon we all have done this in our early days.

You'll be right mate. Maybe cut back on water changes - You might not need to change your water as often.

If the tank is still cycling it is most likely a bacterial bloom, i.e. the bacteria multiply quickly suspended in the water column, that can happen sometimes while cycling and is actually not a bad thing as you get lots of bacteria, which is what you want. The bacteria will eventually settle in the filter and substrate and the water will become clear all by itself.