Craigo

Best air pump to run small breeding setup? Advice please

Evening all. Im looking for members experience & advice on what is the best air pump to run a small breeding setup? My budget is tight, but all options are welcome.

It would be nice to have 6 outlets (or more) as my current one has 4 & I need a another pump to do them all.

I am currently using the largest aqua one air pump, it is only 6 months old, if that. & it is very tempremental as one time I will walk past & one outlet wont be working... then maybe 2 wont be working, then they will all be working...I know they have 3 year warranty..but who honestly fills out those warranty cards....??

I have no fry at the moment luckly, but I want to address this before I get the breeding going again.

Thanks in advance all.

I'm no expert but in my experience, buy one that is bigger than you think you need I did my research then when I got to the shop to purchase, the sales man talked me into a smaller one...and as breeding and fish keeping goes one tank leads to another and within 3 months the one I got is way too small!! Now I have one that cost $$$ and does not suit my needs and need to go spend more $$$ on the original one I wanted! Hope that helps.

Cheers mat. any suggestions on make & models??

Not really mate.. Only that the resun diaphragm ones I have had were only OK..doing that thing you were talking about where some times I got different flow from different outlets, next time I will be buying a piston pump not a diaphragm one and diverting the excess.

I think aquariums r us has em ...from memory? They sell heaps of larger pumps, well worth checking out anyway!(they are just off logan Lea road on the way to Waterford west..)Plus a good place to look at tanks and prices if you have not been!

Not really mate.. Only that the resun diaphragm ones I have had were only OK..doing that thing you were talking about where some times I got different flow from different outlets, next time I will be buying a piston pump not a diaphragm one and diverting the excess.

Get some ear plugs as well if you are getting a piston pump. Unless noise doesn't bothers you.

Craig, may be able to hook you up with something. Remind me when you pick up the sump pump.

Regards,

Ken