kane123

Frons gone off food?

gday all

i usually feed my colony of burundi frons 2mm NLS pellet. Because there a bit bigger now i have switched to 3mm pellet. And they wont touch it! Its got me beat, its the same food just a bigger size pellet and they wont touch it? Because i order my NLS over the net and my LFS doesnt stock NLS, whats a good alternative to NLS in the short run? I think my LFS stock hikari and maybe wardley or tetra food? any help much appreciated as to why these buggers are being so fussy!!!

if you can get the sinking hikari excell they normally take that, and I have had ok results with the sinking hikari bio gold too

Ya may even be able to try them on some of those repackaged brown protein pellets all the shops around there tend to have.

Grab the sinkers tho

Sorry to go off topic..I want sinking bio gold? Do you guys sell it Donny I was in there today looking but can't find it?

I agree with Braddo, try the Hikari massivore delite. Its not cheap, but my fronnies go nuts over it and do really well on it. Don't be put off by the size of the pellets, they go quite soft after soaking on the bottom of the tank for a while and even smaller fronnies can break bits off. And they will. My big wildcaught male is over

35cm and he eats them like peanuts.

Cheers, Doug

Doug mentioned this to me before and i do that now in conjunction with the Nls,they will also eat tetra colour bits but it really too small. ,otherwise dont feed them for a few days and they should eat the NLS bigger one...

I agree with Braddo, try the Hikari massivore delite. Its not cheap, but my fronnies go nuts over it and do really well on it. Don't be put off by the size of the pellets, they go quite soft after soaking on the bottom of the tank for a while and even smaller fronnies can break bits off. And they will. My big wildcaught male is over

35cm and he eats them like peanuts.

Cheers, Doug

yea the bio gold is the new hikari kid on the block

we have it, just not in the normal hikari spot

lol theres a whole nother wall of hikari there now

all sorts of different stuff

so far for me, the bio gold seems well accepted

I dont use the massivore delite one anymore

but only because I gave it away with me eel lol