scuba16

the make do tank

recently i over tightened the fittings on the back of my 6ft planted tank, finally had just collected everything I needed for it and had the sump running but i went and cracked the glass.

67436_448745531987_667476987_5241607_2701579_n.jpg

so i've picked up a tank, 5ft x 2ft x2ft to house the plants that survived the trauma and have now set them back up and returned the bosemani, half from kilo and richierichsv. ended up breeding straight away.

218146_10150176835651988_667476987_6787925_7219447_n.jpg

pic of a bosemani developing nice colour

228131_10150176835716988_667476987_6787927_3263939_n.jpg

going back to the 6ft, going to silicon crack and brace with glass either side and get new hole drilled. 5ft'er will become my upgrade in the future from my little marine tank to big marine tank when we do some house renos. but for now i want to put a mangrove jack in it.

acutally that 6ft planted tank was the tank i was going to give you all those cuttings chris g. ended up losing a bit from floods and then more when i cracked it. how are your tanks going? did you get a few endlers?

Edited by scuba16

Yer mate got endlers from josh at Aquariums alive, have about 50-60 of them now haha all females except the males i got originally :S going to sus that out soon. But breeding like crazy, shrimp are going nuts aswell, got some common LF in there (a trio) looking good just growing up. Have had not time/money during uni and breeding took a front seat for a while and got that all sorted now so on my uni break will be putting alot of effort into the planted tank and get it looking smick :D Man that sucks about the floods and then the cracked tank :S. Is the 6fter suppose to be a display? if so, why dont you just replace the whole back panel?

i was going to replace back panel, rang glass guy and he said for the replacement then time to see if water proof i was looking at over $200 and i could probably pick up new tank for that. but if i silicon up and brace inside and out it still won't be seen as you said its the back panel.

Thanks richard, the 6ftr would be up and running again if i didn't have procrastination disorder. just lazy and a million other things to do. haven't seen the little fry for a while, might have been a snack for my flying fox.