Hi Richard,

Some very nice shots there mate !

Not sure what your filtration is like, but i would love to see the stocking doubled :)

The scape looks great and the more color the better

Good Luck and keeps us updated with the new arrivals

Luke

Hi Richard,

Some very nice shots there mate !

Not sure what your filtration is like, but i would love to see the stocking doubled :)

The scape looks great and the more color the better

Good Luck and keeps us updated with the new arrivals

Luke

Its a Aquanova tank with the trickle system running 2 x 1050lt per hour pumps plus a AquaFX internal power filter 1800lt per hour.

Excellent work.

I think it works very well as it is.

Good amount of rocks and fish and plants.

Yea you could put more stuff in there.

but even if you dont, thats beautiful and a really nice mix.

Something many people forget is that with fewer fish, each one has more personality.

Thats why people try to say that American cichlids have more personality than africans.

Its more just that american cichlid tanks have fewer fish than african tanks.

well thats my theory anyway

Hi mate ... great fish tank ! Just wanna ask how much does texas holey rocks all up for that many rocks. Cos i;m thinking of going that route as well. cheers mate

I think its around $9.50 to $10 a kilo at the moment and also being soooo heavy its not cheap.I used the texas rock for centre stage and since then ive been adding coral rock for ph raising and looks of course. The coral rock being soooo light is alot cheaper and imo looks very natural.

Ill put another updated photo on soon. The family has grown alot.

Edited by richierichhsv

How's the venustus attitude? mine grew big quick in the 8ft male display and he was a cranky bugger once he outgrew the rest of his tankmates, was about 17cm, he was originally from breeding stock however so was probably just horny as hell and frustrated.... not sure if its common but meybe keep an eye on him...anyways, tank looks great :D

So far no one is dominant in the tank. I'll keep an eye on him. They all seem very peaceful together.

How's the venustus attitude? mine grew big quick in the 8ft male display and he was a cranky bugger once he outgrew the rest of his tankmates, was about 17cm, he was originally from breeding stock however so was probably just horny as hell and frustrated.... not sure if its common but meybe keep an eye on him...anyways, tank looks great :D

Now the tank is 12 months old and the original fish have grown with a few new comers along the way, i thought i might post some up to date photos of my Malawi family.

http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad75/richierichhsv/DSC00910.jpg

http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad75/richierichhsv/DSC00885.jpg

http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad75/richierichhsv/DSC00879.jpg