Craig1591

Water Changes On 6x2x2

Hi guys,

At the moment to do a water change on my 6x2x2 I empty the old water into a drain with a pipe.

To refill I use a 20 litre bucket and fill it with temp matched tap water and then add the dosage of prime. I normally do 12 buckets weekly so its very painful.

Can I just add the dosage of prime for the total tank volume straight to the tank and fill the tank up with temp matched tap water straight from the tap with a pipe?

Thanks...

That's how I do it, haven't had any problems. I also only use the amount of Prime required for the volume I replace.

It depends on which fish you keep, some of the more senstitive fish may not appreciate that form of quick water change.

That's how I do it, haven't had any problems. I also only use the amount of Prime required for the volume I replace.

It depends on which fish you keep, some of the more senstitive fish may not appreciate that form of quick water change.

I'm keeping Geo's, silver sharks and a few rainbows so they should be alright?

Thats how i do mine ,i gravel syphon onto the lawn, i then double dose with prime with all this rain ect we've had,i also went to bunnings and bought a attachment to put on the laundry flickmixer ,then i just click on the garden hose ,sorry but i dont know the name of the piece i bought but it saves heaps of time...

You wouldn't have a pic of it chickadee? Always after ways to make WC's easier.

Sorry dont know name of the attachment but its @ bunnings in the plumbing tapware section...

Hopefully the Ray from Bunnings might see this thread and know the name....

post-355-14711624559863_thumb.jpg

I use a 70L plastic tub. First put in measured 70g of salt, then fill to 70L with the hose. I then dose with Prime and let it all sit overnight. The next day when I do my water change, I siphon out 70L and plonk a battery powered pump into the new water container and pump it into the tank. It only takes about six minutes to pump it all.

However, I've heard lots and lots of people employ the method of just adding the water straight to the tank from the hose/tap and then dose the tank with the required amount of Prime (so it must work for those who do it that way).

I use a 2000lp/h pump with a hose attached to quickly pump out as much water as I want to change. Then I fill a 70l bin with the hose, dose it with Prime, and then use the same pump and hose to pump it into the tank. I normally do two 70l bins. Takes about an hour, but all I have to do is watch the water level - no physical effort required on my behalf.

I'm really lucky with my fishkeeping and changes. Use rainwater so no prime, I have one of those fittings same as Chickadee and my bedroom/fishroom

is next to the bathroom. Plus I have an awesome little contraption I attach my hose to that hooks into the tank. turn the hose on and off to start syphon,

put end of the hose in the shower till as much water is out as i want. then plug hose into the tap and fill. no messing around, no water spillage, no

physical effort. ive got it made. but ray made me the little contraption to do changes with so i dont sell them or know how it works XD