Guest Kamfa

Thai Silk?

Guest Kamfa

hey guys, does anyone know anywhere in australia i can get my hands on thai silk / titanium flowerhorn? beautys and was looking for them...

thanks

Guest Kamfa

i spoke to the staff at HOME i asked him the same thing, he said he has a friend that is breeding them at the moment, at arround $800 to $1200

i recived this

"Ive seen it once or twice.

I know a guy breeding them, but we are still 2-4 months off salable fry.

young ones will be expensive as they have never bee bred here before-, and stock again will be very limited.

Im guessing around $800-$1200 each minimum!"

so thats what im going off, ii would love to have a thai silk, but just to spensive for me

ask for a pic of the parents.....i got a funny feeling they wont post em. that being said i am a sceptical person by nature.......i would love to see em available here but i do have some doubts ;)

just realised that is a link to exotic aquatic. adrian does get his hands on the impossible........so it maybe possible :lol:

Guest Kamfa

yeah, i am a bit sceptical of the idea myself, although i have never seen thai silk in australia, i would cost them arround $2550 to get one male from asia and a female would be extra on top of that! but yet it is possible, but yeah at exotic aquatic they have some really nice shortbody flowerhorns for sale! pretyy rare in aus if you ask me to!

im progressing and going to try and make my own thai silk somehow! i have a lot of time infront of me to do it so i think it is acheivable!

thanks

wish me luck :P

Guest Kamfa

you can get them inported, you need to get your licence to import them, through aquabid and get them sent via transhipper, ect, i wouldnt personally bother with the hastle, altough we dont have much flowerhorn variety in aus, they will do!

You can't get them shipped to Australia Kamfa.. Which is a shame, seeing the fish on Aqua bid..

You can put me down for an indo malau :) If you could get them over, there would be alot more getting around everyone would be doing it..

There are handfuls you see getting around Aussie but they were bought over in someones Bum.. He He

they cannot be imported at all.....PERIOD. they are not on the allowable import list like 99% of cichlids. its really best to get associated with the laws of importing.....you will see its not even close to possible legally ;)

Guest Kamfa

im sure the owner would love to send you a video of the guy, i spoke to him its only $60 postage up to brissy airport, from sa i think?

pretty good prices, if your desperate lol