ashimus

sevs laid but eggs are gone

my gold sevs laid a day or two ago and now all the eggs are gone? they laid on an ornamental shark i have in the tank and now all the eggs are gone? could the little sev(5-10cm) have eaten it or the oscar? did they eat it themself? whats the go? any help would be appreciated!

cheers

Have ur pair laid before?

It could be that they are an immature pair and ate the eggs

They might have not been fertilized or had fungus,

They might have gotten spooked and ate the eggs.

I don't think anything else would have eaten the eggs sevs are generally pretty good parents

At the end of the day it could be a number of things.

Next time they lay eggs watch them and see what happens

Hth

Cav

CAV - well i got them off vegasmick he said they laid for him but the male was too immature at the time or was infertile. there in a tank with a 7.1ph(so its not high) and about 28C temp so that should be fine and its at a point in the tank where the cray cant get it so it musthave bin them the little sev or the oscar!

corbii- you have a beautiful 4ft american tank mate :D mate said he was gonna give me hs 4ft(was planning to make it like yours :P ) but ended up actually being a 3ft so its a convict breeder tank got 2 and gonna have millions for the oscar :D

Its so full atm though...

Breeding pair gold sevs, Breeding pair green sevs, gold sev female, green sev female, marble fenny, braziliensis, 7 clown loaches(ranging from 7-18cm), 28cm sailfin, 16cm goldspot, 3 paki loaches, 3 pepps, 3 albino, 4 commons. Talk about overstocking. At least im running an fx5 now, so it can handle it a bit better than my tiny aquis 1200.

Severums are well known for eating there eggs and fry

They may get it right next time or never ?

My Greens took over 10 try's to get it right but now i can't stop em

Keeping fish is all about patients and persistence

Fish junkie

my pair of sevs ate their first lay of eggs and then they had another batch and they where fine and they raised them for 4 weeks then ate the babies, i planned on taking them out but unfortunitly i was too late :(

Edited by Riley seeds