chappo

do wild caught bass sell for much

hey guys just wondering do wild caught bass from the petrie area sell for much once they have been converted to eat pellets ??

:D

and where can i catch fresh water eel tail cat's ??

thanks Tom

Apparently u can't sell them but u can trade I wouldnt mind one or two if u can get them

A trade is considered "payment in kind" and as such is illegal when related to fish caught by anyone without a commercial fisher's licence.

kev

ok sweet and yeh i cought a couple today kept 2 for my tank ,

Well seeing as you're not up on fisheries law re selling, are you up to date with the legal size limits? I guess not seeing as the legal take size is minimum 30cm's...............unless you have a big tank?

Wouldn't go returning them now, never know what sort of disease you might go releasing back out into the wild from your tank. Next time you go fishing, take a ruler.

Not much use taking a ruler if you don't know the regs.................feckin' pisses me off....................I'm sick to death of seeing posts on fishing forums complaining about "yellow raincoats" (vietnamese) taking undersize fish and too many prawns, when it's plain to see that so many young Aussies don't avail themselevs of the rules and regs, or if they do, choose to ignore them. I'must have seen a hundred posts on this forum alone, in the short time that I've been here, where it's patently clear that folk are breaking DPI rules.

I don't care who's feckin' nose I get up with this post, I made it a priority when I came to oz to familiarise myself with the laws of the land, and I just think it's a cryin' shame when so many older Aussies criticise other races when it's clear to see that they don't educate their own kids in fishery law.................that aside, I also don't think that if your old enough to fish and keep fish, that you need your parents to educate you in those laws............they're there to protect Oz and it's stocks..............not for someone to try and make a few bucks..............illegally

kev

does it help that i was with my aboriginal friend and he is literally the one that cought them and kept them but gave them to me ?

he just reminded me of the law that his aboriginal and the laws do not apply to him ,

so thanks i havent done anything wrong by the way today has taken place . Thanks All