brockssracer

Im the odd one out

So my pair of common bristlenose recently had a batch of babies. there was probably about 60 odd, however just 1 of them was albino.... I know I had a couple trios of albinos but they didnt have fry emerge at the same time so the size differences in the young are quite different. has any one had a pair of commons throw an albino baby? ive heard of albinos throwing a common baby but not vice versa.

It's genetics, it's normal. A pair of normal BN's F1's might have as low as 1% albino offspring, whereas a pair of albino F1's will have a much higher amount of albinos, but still you're not talking a whole batch.

Albino BN's will produce normal BN's

Normal BN's will produce albinos

the same with all genetic traits - eg 2x SSS Mosura Flower CRS aren't guaranteed to produce ANY SSS Mosura's in offspring.

F6 (6 generations later) you might have a better chance but the percentage isn't going to be huge. A recessive trait is recessive, no matter what you do.

Otherwise we'd all be ranga's. Even the little bit in my beard makes me wonder which of my ancestors did the nasty with a red head.

(disclaimer: percentages made up randomly, ranga hate is in jest)