Deeg

How to Use Matrix

Hey Everyone

Having never used Matrix before I was just wondering if someone could enlighten me as to how it is used. Do I just add it to a section of the sump or does it have to be put in filter bags. I have just ordered 4L of the Seachem Matrix from the reef shop.

Cheers

Deeg

Hey Deeg,

You can use a bag or bagless ;) I've got 22L of it just sitting in one compartment of my sump (have had a couple peices float over to the next but not worried). It will take about 1month for the bacteria to fully stabilise in the new media, just makesure it stays submerged :)

Smellsfishy means you can just grab the bag instead of scooping up all the little stones when moving it from place to place ;) Matrix is one of the best porous materials around for filter media :) PM Russ at Redlands Petcentre for the best prices around

Oh I thought Grum and David were saying it was crap, I have always read that it was a great filter media. Rito sounds like I will bag it, just use media bags? 22Ls of matrix thats shitloads, how big is the setup Merkinater

It's a 4'x18"x18" sump, I have Jap Mat in the bottom of each compartment so I don't have to worry bout it getting to the pump as it's in the 2nd compartment. I will add more photos n details to Sump Pics Thread once I find my camerra (I hate moving houses!)

Bet your nitrate doesn't get real high? I am in the process of finding media bags online (because I live in the middle of nowhere without any LFS) and the only ones I can find are from the reef shop and they are sold out of the 2L ones, any ideas where I could get hold of some?