DVS969

L104 & Peps Together

Hey Pleco experts, Just a quick question. Im getting a Pep pair and a L104 pair on the weekend and I have a 3x2x18 divided into 3 parts with egg crate, Just wondering that when the cats spawn will it be right if the fry crosses over into the other parts, Just worried the Pep parents might attack the L104 fry and vice versa.

Hi Nathan,

I dont think you would have a problem mate as both sp. are vegie/algae eater's. they can be territorial lil buggers though.

you could try wrapping your egg create in fly screen to stop the lil buggers getting through.

I have Peps in with 270 and 201 and them being carnivores, I just move the log into a large fry saver and continue feeding until they hit 2cm before releasing them.

Luke

btw..far from an expert :)

While I was sitting here today I thought the exact same thing about the fly screen, Was just worried that the water wouldn't pass through the holes of the screen as good as it should, Might just put an air bubbler in all the sections to help flow, Thanks for your thoughts mate. Can't wait to go pick them up.